Sunday, August 14, 2005

TREASONGATE:MI6 Chicago Subway Bomb Scare UPDATE

Please see PART 1 and PART 2 of this series for the recap.

On August 2nd, I called the US Marshal's Office in the Dirksen Federal Courthouse and asked for the press relations department. I didn't know whether they had a media relations person, but they transferred me to an answering machine and I left a message asking for information concerning whether or not there had been an evacuation of the Dirksen building on July 18th, 2005. I also asked if there had been any bomb threats or fire drills on that day as well as July 29th.

I've been waiting for a response, but as of today the media relations person has not got in touch.

Back on August 2nd, I also spoke with four other employees at the Dirksen Federal Courthouse.

The duty paralegal said he was not in on July 18th and July 29th.

I introduced myself as blogger/journalist. The receptionist at the main number for the courthouse was very cagy:

CS: Was there an evacuation at the courthouse due to a bomb threat on July 18th or July 29th?

Female Receptionist: I'm sorry sir, you have to speak to the paralegal.

CS: This has nothing to do with the paralegal, I just want to know if the building was evacuated.

Female Receptionist: I'm sorry sir, I don't know.

CS: Did you report to work at the courthouse on those days?

Female Receptionist: I don't remember sir.

CS: You don't rember if you were at work, or you don't remember if there was an evacuation or bomb threat?

Female Receptionist: I took some days off recently, maybe I wasn't here.

CS: July 29th was only four days ago, can't you remember if you went to work four days ago?

Female Receptionist: No sir, I can't remember. I told you, I don't know. Would you like to be transferred to the duty paralegal?

CS: The whole Red line was shut down. You don't remember that happening?

She hung up.

I then called the US Marshal's office and spoke to a female receptionist there. I introduced myself, again, as a blogger/journalist:

CS: Can you tell me if there were any bomb threats or evacuations for any reason at the Dirksen Federal Courthouse on July 18th or July 29th?

US Marhsal Operator: I believe...ah, I don't know sir.

CS: Were you at work?

US Marshal Operator: No, I wasn't here. Let me transfer you.

That got my attention because I thought she was going to finish her sentence, but then she stopped herself.

She transferred me to Melody Waldren, the Supervisor of Warrants for the US Marshal's office:

CS: Can you tell me if there were any bomb threats or evacuations for any reason at the Dirksen Federal Courthouse on July 18th or July 29th?

Woldren: Not that I am aware of.

CS: Was the US Marshal's office involved in a shoot out with British MI6 agents trying to bomb the Red line just below the Dirksen Federal Courthouse on July 18th?

Waldren: No, sir.

CS: Were you aware of the bomb threat in the Red line on July 18th which caused the most CTA travel chaos in the last ten years?

Woldren: No, sir. I don't know anything about it.

She didn't know about the CTA Red line shut down although it's been established from many eyewitness sources (see parts 1 and 2) that Chicago Police were all over that part of town standing guard at Red line entrances.

Tom Flocco did a radio interview on August 7th with WLW 700 AM, a clear channel station. A caller asked Flocco about the July 18th subway bomb story and then related an incident that happened to him on Saturday July 23rd in Chicago.

The caller said that he was at the intersection of Clark and Adams, the block where the Dirksen building is located that afternoon. He said there were barricades up on that block. The caller asked some people what was going on, and they told him, "They're filming a movie."

When he returned from the lake at 2:30 p.m., a large haze of smoke surrounded the Dirksen building. He said two men were standing at the barricades wearing orange vests and they told him to move along quickly as he waited for the light to change. He was under the impression that the men wanted him out of there fast.

I also never received an email from the CTA with copies of the "Customer Alerts" they published on July 18th and July 29th as I requested.


by Citizen Spook